Thursday, March 3, 2011

The White Rabbit Audition

wed. 1/26/11 5pm I had an audition with Amanda Selwyn Dance Theater.  The contemporary dance company was putting on a unique performance/event.  White Night: A Movable Performance Soiree at Space on White was centered around the theme of time inspired by Alice in Wonderland. the director and company members were casting a chore of white rabbits for the dance called five minutes.  The Entire Audition (and performance) was to be improved.  Our direction was time, levels, moments of stillness, interactions with one another's improve. This was the first auditions with cuts where I made to the end!!!! I thought it was amusing that prior to coming to the audition I was reading Alice in Wonderland on the Train.  I felt very confident about this audition, and within a few days I was notified that I had been selected to perform at White Night as a white rabbit!

No comments:

Post a Comment